Friday and Saturday, February 18-19, 2011 University Presbyterian Church, Fresno, California
Living an alert spiritual life is demanding; no one can go it alone. And in today's world, we are hungry for meaningful personal intimacy. Friendships not only provide us with companionship, they keep us grounded, and give us guidance along the way. This year's conference will focus on St. Aelred of Rievaulx and will explore biblical and historical witnesses to the gift friendship can be to the spirit. David and Jonathan, Mary and Elizabeth, and nearer our time, JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis show us ways of joining together as soul friends as we walk the way of Christ in challenging times.
• Begins Friday evening the 18th, 7pm
• Saturday morning through mid-afternoon the 19th
• $35 includes lunch; please pre-register to help us plan for lunch ($45 fee at the door). Mail your check by February 15th to University Presbyterian Church, 1776 E. Roberts Ave. Fresno, CA 93710.
• Contact the church office at 559.439.8807 for more information and to register.
• Monastery Bookstore with books, candles, icons, and other handcrafts from around the world.
• Click here for a link to our PDF file of the brochure. Please forward to friends!
This conference is open to all, so please invite a friend and spread the word.